Aromatic Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
Serves: 6 Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 5 mins Freeze time: 6 hours
- 100g Aromatic Raspberry preserve
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg and 2 large egg yolks
- 300ml double cream
1. Gently heat the Aromatic Raspberry preserve in a saucepan until runny, then pass through a sieve into a bowl and discard the seeds.
2. Prepare a saucepan with gently simmering water. Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl, then place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Whisk the mixture for 3-4 mins until thick and pale. Remove from heat and continue beating until cool. It is best to use an electric whisk for this.
3. In separate bowl, whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks. Add a spoonful of the egg mixture in to the cream and beat in to loosen the mixture, then gently fold in the rest of the cooled egg mixture until just combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a shallow freezer container and gently swirl the raspberry preserve through. Cover with a lid or cling film and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
5. Serve with an extra spoon of Aromatic Raspberry preserve on top for a little extra indulgence!